Friday 24 June 2011

In Budapest. Three days silence.


Eating supper in Budapest after long journey and long interview, not having eaten all day, when I receive a message from C asking me to ring back. I do. She has terrible shock news of the death of a very good younger friend, ex-student. I feel mystified and devastated. Work must go on since I am not alone here but accompanied by my producer, Elizabeth, and the sound recordist, Martin. This is on BBC time.

Nevertheless, I am going to keep three days blog silence in mourning.

Next time I'll post will be on 27th June.



2 comments:

Dafydd John said...

My sincere condolences.

As you are in Budapest you might be interested to hear of this:
http://www.wai.org.uk/europe/hungary/4668

Dafydd

Elaine said...

I too heard the news about our ex-student but only yesterday. I was casually flicking through the EDP only to come across the half page tribute. Such a shock to hear about his death and the strange circumstances surrounding it.
RIP.

Elaine.