Sunday 3 January 2010

Sunday night is.... Jethro Tull, and the beach at Winterton


Still living in the past, but with some bravura...



...and some pictures of Winterton Beach, yesterday..


1. The beach

Photobucket


2. Young seal, mother in sea

Photobucket

3. L-R, Tomas, Amanda, me (in ridiculous cap), Nick, Luke with Adele

Photobucket


4. C maintains elegance (note empty beach and blue blue gloves)

Photobucket


5. Tomas (age 5) about to throw a snowball at me

Photobucket


6. Looking back towards land, light fading, clouds building

Photobucket



6 comments:

Billy C said...

Some lovely pictures, George. It brings back memories of my walk along the beach and through the dunes with Foster Boy and Trezza and the dogs. I'm hoping to be there later in the year. A group of us are landing on The Boy. It should be fun.

Jethro music playing in the background while I looked at the snaps was nice. Although we've come from different backgrounds, we seem to be at the same place now. Spiritually anyway.

George S said...

I have a Jethro Tull LP somewhere, Billy, but have lost track of my LP's generally. YouTube has a video where he he playing a long flute solo at a gig in America. Highly virtuosic stuff - very beautiful and not boring. Like Beethoven's endings- just avoiding tedium!

Winterton is as good as it gets by the sea in England, I think.

Billy C said...

Winterton is good. I like the solitude and the elements - good or bad. And then the tourists arrive. Norfolk should be by invitation only. Wouldn't that be wonderful! We could have a Jethro Tull evening on the sands at Winterton.

A. N. Author said...

'We could have a Jethro Tull evening on the sands at Winterton.'

I'll see what I can do. (*Holds head in hands*)

Lucy said...

Beautiful. And I like C's blue blue gloves very much. Were they a Christmas present?

George S said...

Welcome, Lucy. No, not a Christmas present. Not this year anyway. Maybe an earlier one but my mind is foggy on past presents.