Sunday, 17 October 2010

Sunday night is... Sid James's Male Gaze

Amanda Barrie returns gaze.


The Weaver of Grass said...

Hi George. Read your poem in The Poetry Bus Magazine - liked it - I am also in it (P 30). A funny thing happened and I thought you would like to hear about it:-

A poet friend and I were discussing the magazine in our local pub while we were having our usual Friday coffee there and she read your poem and asked if I knew who you were. I replied that I didn't and the barman (we have got very friendly with him as we go in regularly on a Friday morning) called across, having been listening to our conversation, and said, "I know who he is, he was my tutor at University" - transpires he did a Creative Writing degree of some kind - can't get a job and is now the barman until something turns up. Small world. In North Yorkshire your name is known.

Poet in Residence said...

Hello Pat, fancy meeting you here!

"Carry on,George!"
(her lithp ith a lithle overdone)

ps George- your name is known in Vienna least by Peter Waugh and also by me it is.