Sunday 20 March 2011

Dates coming up




Every so often I must remember to do one of these, not because I have a vast army of readers dying to follow me around the country, but in case one or two people see a date, are nearby and feel they have the time to come. So:

Thursday, 24 March: London for the awarding of the National Poetry Prize (as also for the Ted Hughes Award for New Work in Poetry, where friend, fellow-poet and ex-student Martin Figura is on the list)

Monday 28 March: Reading in Lewes, for the Lewes Monday Literary Club, 8pm, Pelham House Hotel, Lewes.

Wednesday, 30 March: UEA Drama Studio Free Readings by Peter Scupham, Kate Kilalea, Heidi Williamson, Tom Warner and Sam Riviere (and a couple by myself) 7pm, Drama Studio, UEA, Norwich

Friday, 1 April: Cheltenham Poetry Festival, with Nigel McLoughlin and Georgian Harmony Singers. 7:30pm, Francis Close Hall, Cheltenham. (The whole festival is down to a tremendous effort by Anna Saunders!)

Sunday 3 April: Sheffield Poetry Festival. This is a first festival in Sheffield and, like Cheltenham , has an excellent programme. My own part in it is in the form of: 1) Poetry and Translation, a dialogue with Simon Armitage (11-12am, Humanities Research Institute); and 2) Reading with Agnes Lehoczky at The Workstation, 3:30-4:30

Monday 4 April: Discussion at The Leeds Salon on Poetry and The Tyranny of Relevance, with Michael Schmidt and David Bowden. 6:30 at Bank Street Arts.

That is spreading myself a bit thin, but if I must get into these scrapes..

Then a break till 17 April when I read at The Assembly Rooms, Swaffham... and, likely, a few days in Hungary.



1 comment:

Angela France said...

I'll see you in Cheltenham, George.