Tuesday 30 August 2011

Tuesday with LK


Yesterday László K arrived on a late train but we had the whole day today - mostly talking and occasionally resting. We talk about books and Hungary and music - what else would we talk about? - and he admires the locality. He marvels at the streets, the abbey, the meadow, the house, the cedar of Lebanon on the road out, the little brook we are pleased to call a river. He brings gifts. After the abbey we call in at The Green Dragon and order soup and main course which is a great mistake since soup is big with two slices of bread and the main courses would keep two giants going for a week. The result is we can't finish them.

He had a great event at Edinburgh with Colm Toibin. People were forming long queues for his book, Animalinside, and since the long New Yorker article appeared the publisher has sold out of every copy. The times are propitious for Satantango, due for February 2112.




5 comments:

Paul H said...

Thanks to the wonders of the Internet I have order my copy - I do hope there are copies left!

George S said...

I'm pretty sure Animalinside will be reprinted pretty quickly, Paul. Good luck with the copy.

Anonymous said...

I hope that I will have a copy as well. I recently have the opportunity of attending the masterclass of Bela Tarr, as well as an interview by him and his recent- and unfortunatelly as he claims his last-film "the horse of Turin" in the Wroclaw film festival "Nowe Horisonty" and I can tell you that it was a real experience. I follow the literature of eastern countries very closely, and it can be happened only because of your excellent translations, for which I can only say a big Thank You! I am the anonymous woman from Greece.

Daniel said...

New Directions is reportedly out of stock, but copies of Animalinside can still be purchased via the link (to Sylph Editions) in the above post.

Power Supply said...

Visiting here for the first time.Nice Blog :)