Thursday 20 November 2008

Linkage




A genuine pleasure at Warwick to meet and talk with Peter Blegvad, writer, artist, musician (an album cover above, face below)...





... who was taught, to his delight, by my close friend, poet, Peter Scupham...





...who, as far as I know has never even met A. L. (Alison) Kennedy, whom, however, I had met before and now conducted a conversation with on a sofa on the Warwick Writers' Room...





... all thanks to the auspices of poet, Mr David Morley...




I feel like a fan with posters of idols. I am in fact a fan of all the above, so, for once, a few more pics are permissible and in order.

This peripatetic existence is, however, making feel a little dizzy. I am in Cambridge on Saturday talking at Cambridge University Library where they currently have an exhibition of my correspondence and books. Reading poems elsewhere in Cambridge on Thursday...

This is beginning to sound like Jennifer's Diary. I had better shut up. I'll be back to normal tomorrow and return to the subject of Domain.


3 comments:

Gwil W said...

Quote of the Day:
I'm just back from talking with Man Booker prize winner Anne Enright who was at EAU in 1987 or thereabouts so naturally I slipped in the Q. if she knew you, George. She replied, eyes brightening, and here I quote, "Yes. I met him at Dun Loaghaire at the Poetry Festival. He's very nice."
I reckon you can safely add her to your list. She's very clean. Smells of soap.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your diary and I find it a quite enjoyable reading.

George S said...

I bought her a couple of drinks in Dun Laoghaire. Yes indeed. That nice.

And you mustn't go about confusing the EAU (French campaign for clean water) with the UEA or indeed the United Arab Emirates. Only one of the three pays me, Gwilym.